Monday, May 16, 2011

Welcome to Unemployed-Geek

Hi and welcome to Unemployed-Geek!   My name is Thomas and I'm recently unemployed and also a geek.  Therefore the name.  I've worked in computers for about 15 years, played with computers for the past 25 years recently spent 7 years fixing computers and solving technical problems for high powered corporate lawyers only to suddenly find myself unemployed.

I'm taking some time off.  Cleaning out my house, sorting and organizing.  GTD.  My inbox is zero and my bucket list is getting organized.  I just got back from a fantastic family vacation to Chicago and I just finished paying the bills and rewatching Knocked Up.  I'm migrating files using the time machine on my mac and I'm thinking about reheating my dinner in the microwave.  I'm a modern man with everything to do and no place to do it.  This is my new place.

The things I plan to do here:

- Ramble
- Review
- Complain
- Celebrate

The subjects I plan to cover here:

- Software
- Movies
- Books
- Digital Lifestlye

I'll also be covering a few other topics like "life during unemployment" and my quest to convince companies to donate products to me so that I can review them for you.  I know it sounds exciting now but wait until it gets started.  There will be pictures and sarcasm and everything.  I guarantee it.  Do you know how I know it will be a great blog?  Because I have nothing to do and I plan to make it a great blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment