Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trying Amazon Prime again

Last time I tried this service, I was just trying to get fast free shipping for Christmas.  Now I'm getting that and I'm also getting access to "5,000 streaming movies and tv shows".  So far the catalog seems similar (though probably deficient) to Netflix.  I'm streaming a movie in my browser window right now.  It's like seeing the Amazon website with a movie of a sunburst where the part where I read about the book I'm about to order was.  Neato.

Also bought a "free song" so I could try out the Amazon cloud player.  Streamed nicely in my browser and is now in my "cloud drive".  Might have to give the Google Music service a tryout a little later too, as long as they have free songs I can "buy".

Early impressions on the video player.  Pop-out button worked well.  Double clicking the video made it full screen and the video switched between full and windowed quickly.  Sound is good, no skipping so far, but I have a good internet connection now, so that's not as much as a problem for me as it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment